Friday, July 16, 2010

A Leadership "Keeper"

Whether you lead in a career position, or as a parent raising a family, YOU ARE A LEADER. I recently finished reading a small book by John Maxwell entitles, THE RIGHT TO LEAD. This is a quick, short read that I think you will find very valuable. Here is my recent review of this book:

In his book, THE RIGHT TO LEAD, John Maxwell uses real-life examples of true leaders down through the ages who have exhitibited strong leadership ability. Several people he uses to illustrate the leadership principles include the gladiator, Maximus, Harriet Tubman, George Washington, John Wooden, Eric Liddell, Eddie Rickenbacker, and other notable people. The book is broken into segments, based on various facets of leadership. These facets of leadership include, Action, Vision, Sacrifice, Risk, Determination, Service, and Integrity. Two things that I personally enjoyed in this book include short segments that are to the point, and are easy to read in a short amount of time. The other thing that I enjoyed in this book were the numerous quotes from notorious people down through time who have put the definition of true leadership in a nutshell with words. I highly recommend this book, both as a resource and as a nice gift to a leader in your life! I think you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment