Friday, January 29, 2010

Book Review - How to Reach Your Full Potential for God

Dr. Stanley uses this opportunity to compile helpful principles that regulate a "productive life" that God can use. The criteria he proposes include:
1. A Clean Heart

2. A Clear Mind

3. Using Your Gifts

4. A Healthy Body

5. Right Relationships

6. A Balanced Schedule

7. Taking God-Approved Risks

This newest book gives very practical info for establishing priorities for your life. I rate this book poorly, not for the content, but due to the "staleness" of the material. Having followed Dr. Stanley for many years, I find this to be old material that has just been repackaged. I heard these sermons at First Baptist Atlanta several years ago. Then, I was overjoyed to go on a Christian cruise with Dr. Stanley's group. Believe it or not, he preached these same messages on that trip about 4 years ago. Now, we have it on the printed page several years later. I'm just wondering if he has come up with anything "new" or "fresh" in a long time. The taste this book left in my mouth is that our beloved Dr. Stanley is merely resting on the laurels of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment